Thread: Holy Crap...What have I got myself into?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your gods can defy gravity to keep the world together, and basically defy all known fundamentals of physics to keep civilization alive, but not make whatever hit the planet evade it?

I am curious what cultural influences there are from living on a world with an actual end.
    Last edited by s0meguy; 04-28-2012 at 09:22 AM.

My gods are defending themselves and their world from the assault of a god from another world...let's just say they were distracted and unable to deflect the impact....Many of the gods of this world were slain, or sacrificed themselves to preserve what they could...there is other reasoning behind the specifics of the attack and everything that follows...but hey...it's a fantasy world...

Here's a link to a brief description of the gods in my univers: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...wikis/the-gods

AS for culture...Not long after the initial impact...an invasion took place. My main villains are a race of dragonborn who have come to take over. They came on flying cityships (little spelljammer flavor here) It is their goddess that is responsible for the damage. She is attacking the gods of the world and her dragonborn followers show up to take over in the mortal realm.

As the story begins the empire of the dragonborn rules the remains of the world. Humanity has been enslaved. Other races have either been enslaved, destroyed utterly or driven underground. The dragonborn live in their flying cityships above the clouds...

The surface of the world is covered in the ruins of the old civilizations and is now inhabited by the humanoid races...giants, goblins, orcs etc...

My main character starts her life in a hidden valley where a small community of free humans has remained hidden since the "breaking" Their little valley is discovered by the dragonborn and they, of course, attack. She escapes into the mountains and eventually starts a rebellion. She is gradually gathering people to her cause, they a have captured a few ships. Eventually I imagine the story to become sort of a battlestar galactica thing, only on flying ships wandering across the face of a devastated world. They'll be exploring the ruins looking for evidence of the old gods, and for some hope of defeating the dragonborn and their goddess.

It's not complete...there are lots of other ideas to be worked out...but if you read the other links on my site you'll get an idea about some of what's going on...IF you need to be satisfied with some reasoning behind my chain of events.

I'm sure there will be holes in the logic...but I'll do my best to fill them...when all is said and done, I don't feel I need to explain away everything. Just the things that are pertinent to the story.
    Last edited by dlaporte7271; 04-28-2012 at 10:24 AM.