Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

I like the fact that all four quarters of the dungeon do not connect so the bridge becomes extra important!

I had originally thought about putting secret passages between the different sections but then nixed that idea because I wanted the bridge to play a significant role. As for how the bridge rotates is up to the DM. It could be a puzzle on the pivot on the bridge (images of Obiwan Kenobi in the Death Star ), or maybe some sort of switch/puzzle elsewhere that needs to be solved before the bridge will give access to the rest of the dungeon. I like the idea of using a deadman's switch (the bridge will move when the switch is thrown but if it isn't held in place, the bridge returns to its N-S orientation).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

A cruel person might add two (or more) other bridge-type things to connect other parts that all change at the same time or a subset that changes in accordance with some code. A pain to keep track of but disconcerting to players, especially if there is more than one agent moving around and adjusting control points.

I was thinking of calling this the Dungeon of the Four Winds and have each section named after the Anemoi of Greek Mythology: Boreas (North Section), Notus (South Section), Zephyrus (West Section) and Eurus (East Section). Or perhaps I should use the appropriate Greyhawk Deity reference: Telchur (North Wind), Sotillion (South Wind), Wenta (West Wind) and Atroa (East Wind).
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

This dungeon level can be used by itself or with my Castle Ruins Dungeon. The trap door in the ceiling (Area 1) could easily be located in the pit or well of the castle ruins' dungeon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-056.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	5744  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Here's a Cavern Map located on a mountain cliff that I've been working on. I've included two versions of the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caverns-008texture.jpg 
Views:	1683 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	5818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caverns-008black.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	395.5 KB 
ID:	5819  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool! I like the dimension they have, I think I prefer the 'brown' one over the other, be nice to see one in some kind of mossy green stone maybe (just for fun).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Cool! I like the dimension they have, I think I prefer the 'brown' one over the other, be nice to see one in some kind of mossy green stone maybe (just for fun).
    I prefer the textured one as well but if I didn't produce a map that was more old school some people would be disappointed (maybe not here but probably at the Dragonsfoot Forums ). That reminds me, I still need to make a b&w map version.

I really need to make more cavern maps. They are fun to make and always useful for D&D as well (no matter what edition one plays).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Just to let people know, I was using a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivatives 2.5 Canada License but have changed it to a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. This way people can now fine tune the maps on my cartography site for their own games and post them on their sites (what-have-you) as long as the CC conditions are met. So far, only my Wizard's Ring maps don't fall under the CC license (as of yet). Now there is no need to contact me for every little change.
    Cheers,
    Tim

I haven't done a small dungeon in a while. I figured this would be good for an evening's adventuring or for a side trek. That's a slide trap that leads to the pit in Room #8.

Cheers,
    Tim

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast