Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

This dungeon map (click to enlarge) branches from the well/open pit of Area 23 on the first "subway" dungeon map (Dungeon-041.jpg):

This map was inspired by the Hiroo-Daikanyama line of the Tokyo Subway system. Area 14 has a large ominous pit in the centre of the chamber.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

This dungeon map continues from the secret trap door in the floor of Area 11 (this is a deep 40 ft climb down) on the first "subway" dungeon map (Dungeon-041.jpg):

This map was inspired by the Shinjuku-Yotsuya line of the Tokyo Subway system. The shaded area of the map (see rooms 18 & 19) is at a lower elevation than the rest of the map.
    Last edited by Turgenev; 05-27-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: clarity
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

This dungeon map continues from Area 17 of the previous "subway" dungeon map (Dungeon-044.jpg):

This map was inspired by the Ochanomizu-Kanda line of the Tokyo Subway system.
    Cheers,
    Tim

In case people were interested, here is the original map for the Shinjuku-Yotsuya subway line:

That inspired the following map:

As you can see my dungeon map isn't a direct copy but the original map certainly had its influence in the design. It just goes to prove you never know where the inspiration can come from for one's maps.
    Cheers,
    Tim

This dungeon map continues from the top/north stairway of Area 17 of the 2nd last "subway" dungeon map (Post #62: Dungeon-044.jpg):

This map was inspired by the Ginza-Nihonbashi line of the Tokyo Subway system.
    Last edited by Turgenev; 05-29-2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: minor tweak
    Cheers,
    Tim

I put the subway maps together (so far) to help illustrate their position to one another.

The red star on Level 1 is the entrance from ground level. The red lines to the left show how the sub-levels connect. The red X represents the secret trap door in the floor to level 2.

Entrance to level 2 is from the secret trap door in the ceiling (red X). The red arrows show where the maps continue to Level 3A & Level 3B and beyond.

Elevation wise, the shaded area of Level 2 is in between the main floor of level 2 and the area of Level 3A.

Only six more maps to go.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Professional Artist

Looks like Turgenev has a "megadungeon" in the making

I really really like how you shaded the lower area in the map. The way you draw the rubble is also slick...

Let's see more

Quote Originally Posted by Doirche View Post
    Looks like Turgenev has a "megadungeon" in the making
    Yup and you can thank the following book for the inspiration behind these maps.

I really really like how you shaded the lower area in the map. The way you draw the rubble is also slick...
    On a new layer (under the main dungeon wall layer), I selected the area that I wanted to colour with the select tool (polygonal lasso in this case). I then subtracted the bit from the selection where the above corridor went over it. I then used the paint bucket tool to fill the selected area with a grey colour. I turned the layer's blending options to 'multiply' so you can see the grid underneath it. I made sure that the layers that had the doors and pit traps were above the grey layer. That's all I did to get that effect. I use the same technique to create water layers (but use blue instead of grey). Not much to it.

Let's see more
    I'm working on it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I love it. This is a classic 1st Edition style map. Good work. Are you using this for your own games or is this one just for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I love it. This is a classic 1st Edition style map. Good work. Are you using this for your own games or is this one just for fun?
    At this point, the subway maps are mostly for fun but that doesn't mean I won't be using them for my 1st edition AD&D game in the future. My players are still exploring this map and the ruins above it:

Cheers,
    Tim

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast