Thread: My Dungeon Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's nice to see another 'old school' mapper. I like the look of them, even though the newer styles are nice, the old school charm has for an old fogie like me a certain charm.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks NeonKnight. I prefer the old school look (with some embellishments here & there for variety). I want something to spark my imagination and I want something that is relatively printer friendly. The newer RPG maps tend to be over-rendered for my tastes (they don't spark my imagination). Each to their own.

With that said, I'm sure I will be experimenting with various textures and appearances (because it is fun and one doesn't know what works until one tries it).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Very Pretty map.

What did you make it in? What did you do to get the pleasing ripple in the walls?

Sigurd

Thanks Sigurd. I created the map witrh an older version of Photoshop (6.0 or 7.0 - I can't remember which). As for the ripple effect, it is just that. It is a Filter called Ripple (Filter --> Distort --> Ripple). There are three choices for the type of ripples: small, medium and large. There is also a sliding scale that determines how strong these ripples are rendered. I often use medium ripples with a value between 60 to 100%. It depends on what look I'm going for. For caverns I might use large ripples with a value of over 100% (or below -100%).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx