Thread: [Discussion] Groam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As I continue this work on Groam, it becomes more necessary to discern whether Groam and East Groam are two separate entities (much like Virginia and West Virginia here in the US), or one region under one government.

I dont want Mid to feel he is being dictated to because of what I'm doing so I'm happy for them to be connected in terms of their peoples but different in terms of government (if any) so that Mid has enough freedom to bring some of his own ideas to bear.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I dont want Mid to feel he is being dictated to because of what I'm doing so I'm happy for them to be connected in terms of their peoples but different in terms of government (if any) so that Mid has enough freedom to bring some of his own ideas to bear.

Torq
    That's what I wanted to hear. I'll assume, then, that the purpose of the Grey Watch was to push the plague infested back to the eastern border of the Uplands, and that they didn't much concern themselves with what went on on the other side, other than the occasional scouting expedition.

I should think it'd be a fairly harrowing experience indeed for a lone soldier to go off scouting the plague-infested regions by himself. No telling what dark things he might meet and bring back to the others...

The mapping area divisions weren't ideal in this case. You'll notice that the Groamish Uplands continue on my map up to about the point where there is a ridge that links the two mountain ranges. Everything west of that ridge is Groam. To the east of the ridge was another nation, but I haven't determined what it was yet. I have sprinkled some tin and silver mines in the mountains that the Groamen would have been working, and they were probably in control of the mountain pass that leads to the north out of the Uplands.

That's why I've been so active in this particular discussion--it only makes sense that Torq's culture is/was present in my area. I'll be developing the central part of my map in a little while, although it's largely depopulated at this point.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name