Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
Torq, what are your plans for the Grey Watch, if any?

Your description says that they are long forgotten and the subject of late-night and tavern talk. I can't help but think that they still exist in some fashion; I keep envisioning them as something similar to the ringwraiths in LOTR: A fearsome enigma thought to live only in the nightmares of children.

Of course this is far cry from what the Grey Watch was originally intended for, but not unheard of considering the atrocities they'd likely have committed in keeping the borders safe.

If you've got other ideas, let me know. Otherwise I'd like to see if I can't take this a bit further if you don't mind.
My views on the Grey watch are kind of set out in the Second part of my "brief history" of Groam, in the Map thread for the area. I dont have any ideas set in stone though. They have an ambiguity in my own mind. I'm not sure whether they are hardline soldiers dedicated to saving Groam from what they peceive to be a deadly menace, or scheming opportunists who would make a pact with any diabolical power. Quite happy to let the creative impulse of others decide that question.

Torq