Looks alright from afar, but the ground everywhere looks a bit like a chaotic mess up close. If you want terrain with more variation in appearance, I would suggest importing different textures into CC, rather than saturating the continent with symbols (of course, it only makes sense to do so in forested areas, but places like Mu'Jinx Plains don't need so much tall grass. Less is more in that regard.)

The shape actually looks pretty okay to me. The Northessian Hook looks awful, though. The whole continent could use something between the ground and the water. I hesitate to say use a dark outline like I did, but maybe a light sand-coloured inner glow sheet effect could help there.

Overall, my suggestion is this: If you do plan to remake it from scratch, the best thing you could do is try bringing the scale into a more consistent base, or at least use symbols more effectively. I can see a few places with snow-capped mountains that are smaller than the rugged grey range in the neighbouring zone. You may try making the map half as big, or even smaller, and using the space given by that size more effectively.