Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 01] Fentor Cross Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I have done some more mapping between bouts of chores. I am trying to get to a point where people can pile in with their own stuff and I think we're there.

Below is a Typical Fort. You can use the map by itself but it needs some more buildings. It needs at least two special buildings also:-

A Wyvern Tower
    A Rain Catcher.

The Wyvern Tower is described in detail on the wiki entry here.

A rain catcher needs to be some kind of guttering into a large vat, pitcher, barrel or something similar.

If anyone wants to map or even just side on sketch either of these then post and go for it. Instead of changing the image below though, just make a map of just the building as its likely to be used in many forts and towns. I can composite them together no problem. If anyone wants to put some houses in or even just pencil out or describe a possible layout for a fort then that would be cool too. The image can easily be modified if you don't like what is there already.

Anyone fancy drawing a Lesser Wyvern ? - side on or top down I'm not picky...

So, step up to the challenge and make this truly cooperative.

My intention, though thats not binding, was that all the forts around Fentor are similar. We can jiggle some buildings around and have different characters in them etc but the shape and style are similar.

I'll try to get a similar blank patch for Fentor Cross Town too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FortTypical1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	3272  

What's the scale of the fort?

Blog Entries

Oh yes, the gap between the two large stones at the entrance is just wider than a mule pulled cart - say 6ft. The fort is about a 100ft across - pretty cramped.

Actually, this makes the fort a bit too small doesn't it. Better make the diameter about 150 - 200ft across. The Wyvern Tower alone is supposed to be about 50ft across the base.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-25-2008 at 08:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Ravs that would be GREAT !

I have drawn and painted a Wyvern Tower top down so its all ready !

Here are a few at 72 dpi, tell me which one suits and I'll scan it at a higher resolution for you. The Dover bookshop rocks, I suggest you take a look at them online. Amazing stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wyvern045.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	3300  

Blog Entries

Wow that looks like a great beastiary. The one bottom middle is what I had in mind but I cant make out what is going on in his jaw. The top middle one looks the best of the page for a simple no nonsense two legged mini dragon type thing. Its perfect - Number 3

I'll paint a side on and top down Wyvern based on the pic (basically traced and sketched).

Took a look at the Dover Bookshop. How do you know whether its free to use art ? I can see a lot of books with price tags etc. How does it work ? I searched for Wyvern but it came up with just one book though theres more for dragons. It does seem like a very big archive tho

Edit -- So I think I get it. ALL the books are copyright free, you just pay to access them and then I guess you can do what you want with them. Y'know I think I could spend a fortune in this place. Its the sort of thing I have been looking for. I don't mind paying a little but its the restrictions on use that usually kill it. So if somebody has taken the time to draw something I don't mind handing over some cash if I can take it and rework it a bit to make some new icons out of them. All the icon downloads on my site are free. I don't mind forwarding on the reference to the source. I think that this way of working has a lot to offer and might be more lucrative to the author than ordinary books. But then, I am usually in the minority with almost everything I do...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-25-2008 at 08:37 PM.