Arsheesh: Thank you for the welcome! I opted for less detailed trees instead. I think it looks a bit better. See in my WIP thread. (Will post the new map as soon as I'm finished answering here.)

Korash:Thank you for the welcome, and for looking at my work! What you say is very encouraging! Not being blessed with lots of money, I always used to make do with what I could afford. And I really love Micrografx PP. However, the better I get, and the more advanced stuff I try to do, the more I have to fight with the limitations of PP. For instance, for the improvement of the map today I had to do a lot of tedious work to get the trees into the picture as PP doesn't have transparent layers (I can get around that in many cases but not in this one), and thus it was a pain in the rear end to make masks of each type of tree I painted - transfer into objects - and then do hundreds of copy-pasting.
I would probably opt for Corel if I can ever afford it, because Corel bought Micrografx and thus I suppose it is at least somewhat familiar. And also I am mainly doing paintings, and Corel seems to be perfect for that.
However, there are still a lot of functions in PP that I don't know how to use, yet. So yes, there's still room for improvement, even with PP.

Mark: LOL Many thanks!
I'm not a Franconian, though. Just living here now. Was born near Stuttgart, grew up in Berlin, and have lived in many different places in Germany and Italy.