Thread: Worldbuiding Project - Worldmap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, did a very rough layout of the biomes on here as well as mountains. Like, supremely rough. Also nevermind my stupid sloppy handwriting, it's gross and really sloppy and gross.

Critiques please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merged.png 
Views:	992 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	44475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rough biomes.png 
Views:	758 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	44474

Hrm. Not much feedback huh. :c Anyway mussed around with a few different tutorials, namely Tear's Saderan tutorial and Pasis' mountains tutorial. I still am never sure if the mountains look okay. Had a couple of issues with the rivers and I'm not sure if the forests are really to scale. I wanted a few massive forests, namely the one on top of Creid and the one on Ch'asvla. So I basically finished it aside from labeling things like cities (mostly because I don't have the names of all of them yet.) I also don't quite have countries separated and mapped out yet, though I'm starting with an enlarged map of Creid, which is the mainly populated continent. Decided on a brownish tone for the map as well, and some pretty weak map artistry, mostly because my arm is injured.

The continental/regional maps will be done in a hand drawn style rather than this style. Mostly because I feel I can get better landmarks in, what with this world having a floating set of mountains somewhere. (Not depicted in this map)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Majysamap2.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	44557