Thread: Tilted Earth Reconstruction by Depperoni

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

An interesting experiment. I fear you know more than me, so I will just kick back and watch, LOL. The affect currents could be staggering. So many things going on in that map. Can't wait to see more!
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I have an idea! What if I start reconstructing from an iceage, take this as a starting point?

An iceage is common to follow on an apocalyps. This will take away most of the problem of rebounding lands in Greenland and Antarctica. Besides, the glaciers may carve out a cool landscape in Southern Africa and North America.
    Once I have the glacial ocean currents and winds designed and have the surviving human and wild life regroup in some refuges, I can look for a positive feedback loop to break the iceage, have another climatic change into a more temperate interglacial as a second survival barrier and see what'll happen from there.
    This way I'll have the first several thousand years worked out, add some history, some evolutionary challenges and the actual world (also in an interglacial) as an examplar.

Anywayz, I still have to draw the elevation map, so I'll get to that first
    Oh I can't wait to start reconstructing the new glaciers.