Thread: A wallet, that's a MAP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heh. Wish they'd make shopping bags more like Tyvek...mine *always* rip!
    M

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Heh. Wish they'd make shopping bags more like Tyvek...mine *always* rip!
    M
    Some of the reusable ones are made of Tyvek, though Polypropylene and PETE seem more common.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Default Map Wallets, Diaries, Bags...

By strange coincidence, I just noticed earlier today that (I think I'm right on this) the disc wallets which LoveFilm use to send DVDs through the post are made from Tyvek. Useful stuff!

Anyway, I clicked through because on a related note, I've been receiving these Tube Map diaries as gifts for the past two Christmasses. Beautiful and useful - it's far easier to yank this out of my handbag than to call up an app. or rummage around for a paper map! As I'm an amateur graphic designer too, I love the fact the Tube style carries on throughout the diary, also to a set of cute stickers which you can attach to the month-per-view pages - including rows of an altered Underground logo, reading either "London" or "Hold Tight". It does feel nice having my trips to the capital marked by a London Underground sticker...

This gets me to considering a completely cartographic bag. I wonder just how many corners of the world one could fit into something like this (starting with keychains, naturally):

"Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)