Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Map Entry!

Agreed. This is coming along swimmingly. I do have a question though. How did they get the giant spider into the room, and perhaps more importantly, how will they get it out?

In a related question, how about the giant skeleton as well?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Beautiful. Love the border the most. Can't wait to see it finished.

Post Answers!

As I was creating it, I was developing the "whys" and "hows" involved.

First of all, a Lich Priest, probably 20th level or higher with a support staff of mummies, vampires, ghosts and other intelligent undead. Summon spells are extensively used by them.

The Skeletal warriors, all of them large and small, were assembled and animated onsite. Perhaps the skull had to be assembled from multiple plates as they could not fit through the door. However, femurs and humurus could.

The giant skeleton guards the Nosferatu Nunnery, while the normal sized skeletons leave this room to attack any who enter the temple not of the cult that belongs there.

The giant demon-spider was summoned as a small spider say a foot across, bound in the bindery chamber and over several centuries nurtured with human blood, until its too large to get out. The giant demon-spider serves as a conduit to a nether plane for the Lich's needs, Lhessadrak wants to keep the spider bound indefinitely.

Created by the twisted minds of the undead, unfathomable even for me.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-20-2008 at 02:41 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ah ha! Yes, I see the only when into the Nunnery is through that room. Although there isn't much room for the giant to move around, but that just makes it easier to block the door.

Makes sense concerning the spider as well. That will be one peeved off spider if it ever gets free... a possible ally for our adventurers perhaps?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip Almost done!

Almost done! I've got four more chambers to create, this is coming together nicely. The illustration is proving to be more challenging than I wanted.

I should be complete by tomorrow night.

Anyway, WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhessadrak.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	3759  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Note: on the hallways

Note: on the hallways - though I have no objects in them, they are not the boring corridors they may seem. The walls on either side of any hallway contains the darkest and most powerful spells - ready to copy, pertaining to whatever it's hallway's name (ie: pain, chaos, dispair, death). Also a "Symbol of Pain" in engraved on the floor center of Hall of Pain. Respective symbols are placed in each hallway.

I'll create detailed list of all chambers, they're contents and particulars when I'm completed.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-22-2008 at 03:04 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Finally done!

I'm finally done with this map, that was work too. Especially that illustration - whew! I'm about to submit it to dndadventure.com, and hope it goes well...

Anyway, the completed map below...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhessadrak.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	3788  
    DrivethruRPG store

Best of luck, GP! I haven't seen the other entries competition, but nevertheless, if you don't win it will be a travesty of justice! (not that I'm biased or anything!)

Post Addition to the map entry...

In rereading the rules for this contest, I realized I needed to attach a location description file in Word format. In case anyone's curious of what each room contains, even perhaps if you plan to incorporate this into an existing RPG campaign setting - here is the .doc room descriptions...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast