Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ascension's Atlas Style Tutorial - Revised Presentation + Actions

I think it's because you layer is empty. If that is the case, cloud by difference won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I think it's because you layer is empty. If that is the case, cloud by difference won't work.
    Adding clouds when the error pops, allowed it to make difference clouds.

Another snag, with mountain layers not duplicating what's on the original layer, then the ocean layer not inverse-ing (thus making the ocean texture appear under the land base, instead of around the map.

I'll keep re-reading the tutorial in case I'm missing something.

Maybe the action doesn't work very well in CS3. If I can't figure it out, I'll just keep doing it the normal way.

That's ok, it's still an amazingly great form of making these kind of Atlas maps.
    Last edited by ZDPhoenix; 08-29-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Guild Novice

Hi, Kindari. First of all, congratulations to you for the tutorial and the videos, and to Ascension for creating the tutorial first. They're very helpful, thank you.

But I'm stuck in step 18-b-vi. My Photoshop version is CS6 but the Ctrl+Backspace command doesn't work. So I went to the Menu. Edit > Fill (here is Shift+F5) > Background Color and OK, but the selection wasn't filled with white (White is the Background color, I double checked), however it's still transparent. As in the image below. You guys can help me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoshoppic1.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	69880

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Try using the Paint Bucket tool and click inside the selection. If you click outside of the selection nothing will happen. I use CS so I'm not sure what the variations are between my dinosaur and the new versions.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

It also doesn't work, the selection continues without color. By the way, if I fill with black, which is the foreground, the selection gets red, as in the image.

Name:	photoshoppic2.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	567.0 KB 
ID:	69909

You're working on a mask then. You may have inadvertently hit the Q button and entered Quick Mask mode.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Guild Novice

Omg, how fool I was kkkkkk Yeah, that was it. I have no experience with PS. Thank you, man, you're the best. =DD

My pleasure, man.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Hiya,

I'm having a problem with the action "Atlas 1 - Step 7". After I run this action, there seems to be a sort of vignette being applied somewhere. I've attached a picture showing what I mean.

Name:	Vignette.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	70696

I can't seem to see the link it the written instructions - If I am missing it, forgive me...... can you advise? many thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast