Hello cartographers, Having some frustrating fun with this tutorial so far. Part of it is that I'm running CS. Like the old Johnny Cash song about the Cadillacs, some of the bolt holes don't line up. Part of it is that my Photoshop career thus far is about nine hours, during which time my daughter took me out to eat, so there's a couple of hours of the nine that I wasn't actually doing PS.

I've worked around a couple of the issues, but I'm stuck hard on step 27. Between reading the comments on the Youtube page and this thread, I vaguely understand what's going on. In CS6, applying the lighting effects bakes in the color of the ocean layer. In previous versions, it does not. So, Both the Ocean and Ocean Adjust layers are showing monochrome thumbnails. It's at this point where everybody starts speaking what appears to be a foreign language.

ATM, I can't figure out how to bake the color into the ocean layer so that when I clear the layer styles on the Ocean Adjust layer, I don't end up with a monochrome image. I've seen a couple of workarounds on the Youtube page that I about half understand. Can anybody lay it out clear enough for a complete scrub to understand?

Thanks