Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The CWBP Wiki is Now Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Great stuff Ravs. Can you do me a favour ? I started a new thread for Crazy Krull Crossing with the intention of copying it all over and now there are two of them but one (the new one) has Map 7 (old one was Map 07). So can you take the new thread posts and tack on the end of the old thread and delete the new thread. Ta. BTW '07' is better than '7' for a naming convention.

Ill run my indexer as soon as I am back on my usual PC.

Also, for IndustryGothica I added the links to the map thumbnail locations to the project overview but I cant link it directly to an image as any image in the wiki must be in the wiki repository. So that would mean it would be a static version not updating. So if anyone knows how to insert an image on another website into a wiki then let me know and I can amend it.
    That is most certainly good enough. Now if we could just figure out a way to slice it and link each section back to their original map.

Has any CL looked at the wiki lately? Try [Special Pages>New Pages] and check out all the spam that's going on there.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Okay, that's fairly spectacular. I'll bring it to everyone's attention and get that sorted. Thanks for noticing it.

Thank YOU for doing something about it. I thought about doing a little updating when I noticed that.. a bit disheartening, really.

-IG

Sadly the spamming continues. I suspect that the membership procedure needs to be revised. It might help, for example, if posting to the Wiki could be restricted to those with Forum memberships, but that may be impractical.
    Selden

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Hey - is this still going? I can't seem to even view the Wiki - I've clicked on the link which asks for a login - I've put in my forum username and password but it doesn't work.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We disabled it due to spam. It's also on my list to get it cleaned up, and get the software updated and maybe install some MediaWiki spam controls.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    We disabled it due to spam. It's also on my list to get it cleaned up, and get the software updated and maybe install some MediaWiki spam controls.
    Thanks for that.

-IG

How do you request a username and password?

Is there a way for normal CG users to access the wiki? It asks for a username an PW but my usual information for the CG does not work. I'd like to take a look.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast