Yeah having now considered this question even more I think its more complex this for a space oprah thank you for that chart jaxlon right now I only have drawings of the style of each ship and the relative sizes of each ships and rough estimates of crew sizes im thinking the engines and like do not take up a huge part of the ship as you know it’s the future and all so I’m more inclined compare it to a Morden air craft carrier then anything else

What I might do when I get to the holidays is look at a whole lot of different ships from modern and historical naves looking at diagrams there engine rooms take up barely anything so I’m thinking I will try to work out what size of ship you need for what size crew then forming a spread sheet where you tell it what ratio of the ship is engine and what is crew space then tell it what level of luxury they can have on a scale form 10 a cruise ship to 1 a modern sub or a warship from the age of sail

And then you put whether the ship is military or cargo and its crew size and it will try to calculate a rough size for you

That said everything I just said is words right now lets see if I can find sources to give me the figures I need and get my head around the maths to do it all

Jaxlon if your chart says anything it is that there is no agreed size in scfi which I found stunning I somehow assumed they were all working of the same figures in working out how to build there models but very cool find none the less

While I’m doing this to try to make floor plans of some of the smaller ships the maps are really all in aid of a novel I have been writing