Thread: MapTool with other programs or alternatives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And if you notice them making a beeline for the treasure room just fry them hardcore and say "Well, the gods thought you were cheating and that just can't be tolerated."
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    make the map bases downloadable before the games start and trust your players not to look at them before hand. If you cant trust them then just encrypt the files with something dead simple like bcrypt and hand out the passwords at play time and decrypt some of the bigger files "just in time".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    And if you notice them making a beeline for the treasure room just fry them hardcore and say "Well, the gods thought you were cheating and that just can't be tolerated."

Which is why I tend to prefer tiles for any VTT rather than big ole JPEG's. Not only will they (at least with MapTool) use up less memory if done well, they won't give anything away since you might see the walls and floor 'parts', but you still don't know how they fit together. Kind of like a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle with no reference image(oh.. and all the sides are square, so you can't even start the outline with any sense of sureness....)

hmm.. did I say how much I like tiles???
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.