Thread: [WIP] More TIP for Desert Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Jacktannery and Gidde,
    Thank you for your encouragement. I hope to upload some updated images soon.
    Thanks again for all your help and the tutorials from other Guild members.
    Pete

Hi everyone,
    Latest update. I had troubles uploadingthe whole wadi image, so just decided to zoom into the new areas I've been adding.
    The canal and forts is actually what I am planning on creating, so this is now becoming more of a WIP.

I need to put a lot of work into the forts and also the channel leading from the water raising device to irrigate the field (top right).
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW the boats are not mine. I found them on the net somewhere. Thanks to whoever made them.

Thanks,
    Pete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wadi canal zoom.jpg 
Views:	1121 
Size:	530.5 KB 
ID:	45041

Hi again,
    I created this closeup of the fort components of the wadi map. Once I've completed it, I'll reduce the image size and replace the existing fort placeholders.

Any suggestions or errors in this fort that people can see. I need to adjust the colour of the stairs- it doesn't quite work.

Thanks,
    Pete

Name:	Fort Closeup.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	45060

Hi everyone,
    Latest update. I have finished (I think) the forts in a close-up and then reduced them to fit the map.

How do they look? I'm not happy with the timber 'projection' at the tip of the stone arches. Any suggestions how to improve them? Also if anyone knows a way i could make the 3 buildings inside the forts look more realistic that would be great too. They are meant to have tiled roofs, that slope away from the outside wall they are attached too.

Thansk for any help.

Kind regards,
    Pete

Edit: tried attachment again

Name:	Wadi and Canal Forts.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	45246
    Last edited by pete_p; 05-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.