Thread: [WIP] More TIP for Desert Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Jacktannery,
    Thanks for your quick and informative resopnse. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but when I am I will try your suggestions.
    1. I will try the darker roof, that could be very good. Also I'll place more mud/dirt around.
    2. Thanks. The steps are just something I found on the net and copied. I was hoping to 'design' them myself, but maybe what I have will do.
    3. Great.
    4. sorry. I'm using Photoshop CS2 for these. I would really like to have large stone blocks (think pyramids) that can be stepped and form a line that will be curve gradually.
    5. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go. Do you know a way to make things look like scratched? My thinking is if I could use some brush or texture that looks like a scratch, then maybe i could use it at the base of the wadi to look like water once flowed down the small channels.

Yeah, I was not overly happy with it. I'll ave to try a bump map if I can figure it out on CS2.

Thanks again,
    Pete

Hi again,
    I've made some changes and attached.
    With the small desert fort I changed the house colour and do think it looks better. I've also experimented with a pile of rublle that was dug out of the small canal to the right of the house. Does this work? Is it obvious that is what it is? It is not freshly dug so basically the same colour as the desert. I've also added a canal below the fort. I tried to make the blocks in two levels and the nthe normal ground but I don't like it now. I think I'll just make the normal ground the same 'height' as the top tier.

For the Wadi map I added some bump, but didn't really know what I was doing. I can bumpmap in Gimp, but not photoshop... Having said that it looks much better. Also tried Jacktannery's suggestion for wadi. Thanks! I think it is coming along.

Kind regards,
    Pete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wadi and Irrigation.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	44996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Desert Fort.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	791.6 KB 
ID:	44995