Thread: Abhainnath [A Cad Goleor Map]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nicely done. Something happened to your north-eastern river though... it is not as smooth as the others. Is that an artifact, or intentional, to show rapids or something of that kind?

Another point that incites my curiosity: what is the reason for that bend in the road south of Tobair Brigen? Is there something that prevented the people from simply going east to Sluisca?

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freodin View Post
    Nicely done. Something happened to your north-eastern river though... it is not as smooth as the others. Is that an artifact, or intentional, to show rapids or something of that kind?

Another point that incites my curiosity: what is the reason for that bend in the road south of Tobair Brigen? Is there something that prevented the people from simply going east to Sluisca?
    I've never been exactly sure what is meant by "artifact" in this context.

I think the roughness is due at least in part to using a more extreme bump map. The purpose of that was to show elevation where the land met the water, indicating a cliff, rather than a smooth shoreline. I suppose I could have been more selective with it, and avoided collateral damage with the river

The road bends to find level ground. The hills it winds around are more gentle than the one Dun Gorm sits upon, for instance, but that is the reason for the curve.