Thread: Elyden map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    This is a great map! I agree with jfrazierjr on the grunging of some of the ink. It could use a little crackling/bleeding.
    Good point, and something I've been wanting to try. I'm guessing you mean the text (or any aspect that, in real-life would have been applied to the canvas by ink). any ideas on how i can do that effefctively?

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Now, i really want to know more about the world. Care to share the stuff about the world (as it sounds you have written up a lot)?

Btw, i dig the older map more. I just love the shapes better than in the new iteration.

Have some Rep.!
    thanks well, without cluttering up the thread too much (dont want to start adding not map-related attachments) here's a few things done on PS that are related to the world of Elyden. the first is a poem that's about 8-years old now, that was intended as an introduction to a novel that's now stalled. the second is a fable from the same world.

both backgrounds were made from scratch on PS, with text imported from word and warped with a displacement layer.

both documents are now intended to be used as filler text-boxes for the in-world encyclopaedia im writing (a monolithic undertaking that i plan on self-publishing, if i ever finish it)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_shadow_and_the_helix.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	473.9 KB 
ID:	45007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_goblin_king.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	786.6 KB 
ID:	45008