Thread: Elyden map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

so I've gone back to the drawing board (well, my tablet, at least) and come up with a new equirectangular map of the world, trying hard to avoid pinching at the poles. this is what I've come up with (rivers only appear in regions that ive made a decent account of history/climate/geography):

It's little different to the older version, though I've made the 'Inner Sea' area proportionately larger (not as easy as it finds) to better-fit in with current world-building attempts. I ran the map through the NISS software and came up with three vertical perspective maps (one each for the north/south poles and one centred on the 'Inner Sea'). the poles will form the base for a pair of matching maps I'd like to do, detailing the poles.

I also made an equidistant conical projection that became the base for a fresh map that I started work on this afternoon. So far I've only gone over the coastal areas and put them through a mask, with a gradient stroke to create some definition. I've also thought of 2 different borders - well actually just one but with 2 different chequer effects - the first has a cheque effect that is consistent with the graticule scale, with each box measuring 1 degree. the second is just decorative (though with each box 1" I can be used for scale purposes, once the scale marker has been added. Please let me know what you think!

I also changed the font for the nations, which is now a Castellar font, though I'll be using different ones for cities and towns, and features and formations, respectively. though i havent decided quite what yet...

any C&C is greatly appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 06-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.