Quote Originally Posted by jwbjerk View Post
Might and Magic is far from an abandoned property, with a most recent release in 2009. So i rather expect lawyers to shut you down once it is clear your project is going somewhere. Do you have any reason to believe Ubisoft will allow you to finish?

Your very-probably-doomed status is a big disincentive to contribute.
We are a nonprofit fan-based tribute project with a very similar status to other Might and Magic knockoffs and fan projects such as Heroes V: Legends of the Ancients (which has obtained official M&M status from Ubisoft), Heroes III: Wake of the Gods, Might and Magic VI: The Chaos Conspiracy, Might and Magic VII: Maestro's Mod, Might and Magic VIII: Echo of Destruction, Might and Magic Tribute: The Book of Ceth, Legend of Erthia, World of Xeen II, and Might and Magic: The New Order. We operate with $0 budget and everyone working on MMX is a volunteer contributing in their free time, and we are also working on contacting Ubisoft to negotiate with them. If Ubisoft asks us to remove the "Might and Magic X" title, we are fully prepared to replace it and change our name, while continuing to develop this project. Might and Magic X is destined to succeed, and I have come here to find a cartographer who is interested in helping us along that path. I appreciate your concern, however, because this is important for everyone to know.

~Alamar