Hey everyone. I'm Jon, preferably known as Vincent Alliath, and I'm quite obviously new here. I'm a writer by trade, a teacher by ambition, and a mapper by hope.
I joined here because I want to learn how to map from the pros. And this place will have its fair share of them...
I write fantasy, so I always like to have a map with me... but I'm not the talented artist in the family. That's my older brother... So my maps always come out as half-rate pieces of crud. Which I'm not happy with...
I plan on getting Campaign Cartographer later this year, but for now I use the Fractal Terrains demo. I try to stick to paper and pen, but sometimes I feel lazy. For a while now I've wanted to get a nice permanent marker pen (fine point), my trusty blue biro, and my paper, and I was thinking...
Draw the map in blue biro, soak the page in tea, dry it, then go over the lines with permanent pen. Then burn the edges and a few other bits here and there with a lighter.

Thank you for taking the time to read that, and I hope that I can learn from all of you, whether it be what not to do, or what I need to do...