Thread: Climate on a larger planet with different variables than Earth.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

Yeah you've wandered into the hypothetical realm that a NASA scientist couldn't 100% answer... likely not close to 100%. Being Earth-like, but bigger, one suggestion I would make is that the increased Coriolis effect you imagine wouldn't necessarily increase wind speeds at the equator, as Earth doesn't have that effect. Rather, storms and basic wind patterns would track more directly east-west, like I think they do on Jupiter... I think, LOL.

Speaking of things we don't fully understand... think tectonics on a planet moving extra fast and being that large... what effects there?

My suggestion is to be a bit like me... in my world I ask if magic did this, what would be the real world effects? Then make an educated guess that seems plausible and stick with it! Thinking too much will drive you crazy... not that I wasn't there already. LOL.
    Last edited by Veldehar; 05-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com