Thanks Diamond for the vote of confidence. I have to say I think I caught a bug with those little inserts. I have often looked at those massive maps with all the little details in the corners and extra images and thought, I'll never have the patience to sit and do all of that. Now I'm thinking I might have to just to get this out of my system. I had as much fun creating all of those as I did making the map. More if truth be told. I'm pretty sure I will be doing more hand drawn maps in the future just so I can use all my new watercolors and pens.

As for why I'm not getting more votes - I don't know and I supposed that is a problem (if anyone sees what's wrong let me know for next time ) - From my own perspective I would say I suffered from a lack of knowing where I was going from the start. I was limited by trying to use watercolor on non-watercolor paper which basically amounted to colored pencils that didn't work quite like colored pencils and I have never worked with colored pencils anyway. My wife doesn't care for this map as much as others of mine but then we discovered she doesn't much like underground maps in general, so who knows? She thought it was too flat or something.

The big thing I learned from this round was that I really need to get my vision down before I begin and that includes what medium I am going to work in. Also, I discovered that I had a blast making the little insert medallions.

Now, all I have to do is somehow bring all of this together with what I have learned over the last two years and I may be on to something.

On a side note, I was looking back over my stuff since I joined and I can see how far I have come. I only wish I had more time in my life to sit and paint.