Thread: Val Nevan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

You mean like one of these?
    It works, but I think I've misjudged the scale. Most buildings are just 3-5 millimeters high and that makes it very easy to screw up. I just hope that all the little mistakes won't stand out so much when it's done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2066.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	1,015.2 KB 
ID:	45463

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    It works, but I think I've misjudged the scale. Most buildings are just 3-5 millimeters high and that makes it very easy to screw up. I just hope that all the little mistakes won't stand out so much when it's done
    They don't even stand out now. I can't find anything that is glaring. Maybe one wavy roof, but anything else I could see being intentional.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    They don't even stand out now. I can't find anything that is glaring. Maybe one wavy roof, but anything else I could see being intentional.
    I agree, now that I'm used to it. I was hoping it would work that way, and it does, as long as you don't take a good hard look at each individual building

Latest update. I did a border first. Maybe not the wisest decision, but I needed to do something different fort a while.
    And then there's the cathedral ... I think I've overdone it. It was meant to be big, but not Albert Speer big. I got so hung up on drawing the thing (octagonal groundplan in isometric projection, aaaargh), that I lost sight of the bigger picture. I think I'm just going on with it and if I still feel it's to fracking huge when the pen drawing is done, I will scale it down in photoshop before I start colouring.

Thanks for the kind words, motivational rep and advice so far! You've been a great help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2077.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	971.5 KB 
ID:	45751
    Last edited by Blaidd Drwg; 06-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.