Thread: Trying something new

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks very nice to me. I'd have to see it with less shadows to comment on that, right now, it has real gaming-feel to it.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Also, I currently have the woodlands with a brighter green color, but I am thinking that I should go with a darker green and maybe have some texture to it?

I really like this. I would never argue with HR on maps. I don't like looking stupid.

For a "serious" modern map, I would definitely damp out the shadows and highlights a bit. Probably reduce saturations some too.

As it is, while perhaps less scientific in nature, it is strongly evocative. It gives a feel of the landscape. It makes me see the place, and I see a lot of exciting nooks for adventure.

You realize, of course, a tutorial is now required.

Map

Ok, now this one is a map from my game world. Still a WIP, but a little further along, and I have tried to do some changes to my template based on some feedback from here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Empire lands.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	816.3 KB 
ID:	3345  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I love your rivers, very nice work. I like the style you are shooting for, but to me, the mountians and forests look to 'fuzzy' ... this might be the shading as HR commented on ... this is probably a user-preference, but I'd like to see the mountians a bit crisper and with a slightly more solid edge to it... and for the forests you might try mixing up several close shades of green darker for the thickest parts to lighter for the thinner parts... just my two or three cents

Did you do the rivers free hand with a tablet or ?? how were those done?