Thread: Primitive humans vs dinosaurs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Greek fire and crossbows aren't primitive. They're the product of advanced, though pre-industrial, societies. How did advanced societies appear in a dinosaur-haunted landscape? How did the dinosaurs survive organized extinction efforts if they were successful in controlling the dinosaurs long enough for humans to become advanced? I think it needs to be postulated that either the dinosaurs or humans are recent immigrants.
    Well, my idea was that humans and more species evolved (intelligence) partly to help them develop methods to combat the megafauna. Also, the continent has some large peninsulas with convenient chokepoints where civilizations started and slowly ridded the peninsulas of the megafauna. The megafauna survives because of the huge amount of them over a huge lush fertile expanse that supports plenty of herbivore prey. Eventually human civilization will expand into "the wilds" behind the chokepoints but only when it is convenient for them because of technology advances, and there has to be a good reason for them to do so, like when they discover useful natural resources. It is currently impractical because they take too much effort to kill, after which one of millions of others will simply take its place. Plus there are many other hazards. Imagine swarms of small land animals that exhibit behavioral patterns similar to hungry piranha.
    Last edited by s0meguy; 06-10-2012 at 02:33 AM.

I was living in world, whitch was almost similiar. Sorry for my bad english, but it is not my national language. Ad rem: We hide and hunt with big hole, where this creatures fall, and we kill it with stone. After that we make balist. but for long time we just hide. It was survival. More hidden survive.