Thread: Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I've always loved the shape of the warhammer map, the empire in particular - i like the work on this one, with the key especially

Finished the "Political Lands" layer that adds the names of the nobles to where they rule. This services to help me as the GM and the players as well to know who they're dealing with in the area. The layer is defaulted to "off" but you can turn it on or off as necessary as with the rest of the layers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire Map Project.pdf  

A few comments from viewers mentioned the political lands layer faded the map a bit TOO much. So I pulled up the transparency a bit so you could still see behind it a bit.

Some more updates to this map. I've decided to go ahead and add the peripheral entities such as the Wasteland, Bretonnia, and Kislev (at least put in what I had room for.)

In addition, cleaned up the organization of the nobles by color now, so you can tell easily a Graf from a Baron, etc.

One further reminder as I've been getting a lot of questions on it. To really benefit from viewing this map, you have to use the layers feature in Acrobat (reader or professional itself). IT is notoriously cluttered otherwise. It gives each viewer the control of what they do and do not want to see on their map. The "Political Lands" layer especially. I have it turned off by default, but you can turn it on.

Last on the list is figuring out how to do resources and trade networks. It has me stumped at the moment and any suggestions would be helpful.

90% done!