Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSithis View Post
Where can I find a map to edit so I can make my fantasy world?
Korash already has pointed out some critical questions that need answers before you can get a lot of genuinely useful replies.

I have no idea what kind of maps you are seeking. We have published quite a number of free, open source, open gaming maps and dungeon plans that might or might not be of use to you. They all are editable, but you need to have Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 from NBOS Software to edit them. Once you have FM8, you can modify and use these maps in almost any way you want, for personal or commercial use. All of the maps have been released under the Open Game License 1.0a.

If you're interested, go to:

http://www.vintyri.org

Pick the Jörðgarð (TM) campaign setting option and then the map of the week category.

Your E-Mail gives us no information on your degree of knowledge regarding the software that people use here to make maps. However, most maps are released as JPGs or PNGs ... so-called flattened maps ... and for most practical purposes are not editable.

If someone is willing to release their original native format files, maps created with The GIMP, Adobe (R) Photoshop and Paint.net could be edited. Dundjinni (TM) maps in native format can be edited. FM8 maps in native format are editable if the cartographer who created them made his or her objects embedded. Even in native format, most Campaign Cartograpger (TM) 3 maps are editable but unusable, because CC3 does not embed objects. The only native format CC3 maps that are editable are those that use exclusively objects sold by ProFantasy Ltd. and then only if you have bought and installed all of the products that the CC3 cartographer has purchased and installed. If that's not the case, you'll see only red Xs at the points on the map where the objects should be.

I hope this will set you on the trail where you can give us some better information to provide better answers for you.