2 5.88%
  • Six Sea Birds - rlucci

3 8.82%
  • Tender Thighs, The Captain Lies - Venardhi

7 20.59%

Thread: April Challenge Voting!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also voted for SpamValiant on the basis of the most satisfying puzzle.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I voted for RobA because I really like his map secret. Cyphers are great but you still give away the whole thing when they have your map. Being close enough to be familiar with the personal affects of the map maker seems a much better protection.

I also really liked the 'feel' of all the works.

Sigurd

Absolutely loving Venardhi's map. Very cool.

Just a thought. I've seen similar activities like this at conceptart.org. When they put up the polls, they also show the maps within the poll. Makes it easier to compare the different maps. Flipping back and forth and then trying to find the finished map within each thread is a bit of a headache. Just a suggestion.

Voted for Venardhi's map. I love the fact that it gave me the creeps, and how mysterious it seems. Would have loved to see the final version (any chance you could post it somewhere anyway?)

I couldn't resist Robs distorsion idea

Several of the others present great maps and puzzels, but the originality of Robs puzzle got my vote.

//Anna

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    Voted for Venardhi's map. I love the fact that it gave me the creeps, and how mysterious it seems. Would have loved to see the final version (any chance you could post it somewhere anyway?)
    Now that I don't have a deadline I may keep working on it and post it eventually. I'm still not entirely happy with it though, so it may be a while.

Blog Entries

Just to pick up the composite point,

The Thumbnails have been up all month and these link to the threads to get a better view of the finals.

If Venardhi, rlucci and chel could put a WIP tag in then I can rerun it and get the final set up.

I had to make a few small changes to the script mainly in the area of grabbing case insensitive and no spaces etc so almost any kind of ### Latest WIP ### will do now. I reckon its about as complete as its going to get. I dont mind running this again next month or just as happy to hand the script over and let someone else take it on. It sure was vastly easier this month over last.

On to the voting. Wow so many good entries again. Venardhi came in almost immediately with a show stopper. Knew it was game over for me right away ! Gamerprinter had an excellent set of art again and some good ideas for the puzzle. I didn't see that he had posted the solution and tried to solve it but couldn't get the right answer. Robs was definitely interesting too but I did not make the connection like everyone else. A sign of an excellent puzzle for really hiding an object I would say. I liked Carnifexes one very much too. Was really stuck at the last few characters thinking this isn't a real word coming out... but it was the url. Nice little twist there. But my vote has to be SpamValiants. The map was excellent and the puzzle was superb even though I didn't solve it right. It was like the clouds parting at each jump as you see the solution. The rain came down somewhere near the end for me tho and I got a bit lost at sea...