Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: [Request] Worldmap Industa

Thanks =)

Okay, Merin. Your typed guide had two R's so I followed that. I'll change it.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

oh sry my fault^^

No fault. =) Just a typo. Can I get your opinion on this? I've been playing around with how to do the water shading around the coastline. Wanted it to stand out more, to give it a definitive feel (the interior details are so much that I thought it needed some solidity), but still be hand-done. My favorite option, so far, but it's not my map. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water shading test.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	766.6 KB 
ID:	47646

i think the coastlines should be more intense. could you make them fading out in horizontal lines?

I will see what I can come up with.

=| It is being difficult. I've been trying different approaches, but I keep running into the same wall; the trouble is keeping everything legible whilst making it all look good. I'll certainly keep at it, but I'd also like to run this idea by you... some sort of color wash? This test is actually a blue that has yellowed with the rest of the paper over time. Could be interesting. Also, I think I'm going to redo the large-water labels to wrap around the continent more like the rest of them, before I finish everything. And maybe play with some type of corner illustrations/ or square up the paper to fit the shape better (if you have any suggestions or truly dislike the illustration idea, let me know, I'll save them for last).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water color test 1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	48035 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water color test 2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	4.59 MB 
ID:	48036

i like the first one - keep it if you want. I find another mistake with the fonts. The City on the Harken Isles "Harken Inseln" is written "Barsten" it has to be "Barten". Well, that seems to be my fault. I forgot to mark this city, sry^^
    But good job again

Yes, lovely work Chashio!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rwexler View Post
    i like the first one - keep it if you want. I find another mistake with the fonts. The City on the Harken Isles "Harken Inseln" is written "Barsten" it has to be "Barten". Well, that seems to be my fault. I forgot to mark this city, sry^^
    But good job again
    That's an easy fix. No problem. Should Harken Inseln be two words, then? And Klingen Inseln? Nordliche/Sudliche Splitter Inseln?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Cashio, that is really pretty work. I love the style.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Yes, lovely work Chashio!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks, guys. =) But I don't get much credit for this one. Rwexler provided a very pretty pencil/paper version via photo that, for the most part, I traced onto my digital parchment. He made it very easy... except for the trees. Those kinda hurt.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast