Thread: Another practice map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The desert is wonderful... it is stylish and easily identifiable. The cities are also grandious. The woods look good this way, but they could stand out some more. Perhaps a little darker, a little more contrast?

And I have to agree with Larb, the farmland is a little to regular. The style is great, though.

I don't know if I will do anything else with this map, but who knows.
    What else you should do with this map (as well as the other one)? Frame it and put it on the wall! This is GREAT!

I wish I could draw this way.

Larb: I think I drew them like that mainly because I was lazy and it sort of seemed to work (at the time). I certainly don't live in Iowa, just chose the simplest representation I could think of. (Lazy!)

vorropohaiah: Thanks. I actually like your mountains, they seem to work well with the style of your maps. They might be a bit too regular maybe?
    You are right about the scale, this map was drawn on a A5 format, and since I'm using a rather thick pen it's sometimes hard to draw the little details. Oh, and I sort of like the undulating lines. I think it makes the land look less uniform.

Ok. I looked again at the image and the forests on the left side of the mountains truly do look sort of "bleached". My scanner is to blame unfortunately. I will try to work on that too, mayby highten the contrast or something...