Thread: The Nation of Xamel, on the continent of Demetia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey there Wisemoon, congrats on finishing this, and for updating RobA's much beloved tutorial in pdf format, I know that will be of help to folks. Hm, in your description you say that you made use of my photorealistic trees tut, but I gotta say, those forests look much more like the original ones from Rob's tutorial rather than the method I outline. Was this perhaps a typo?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Member Facebook Connected wisemoon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Arsheesh! No, I used your methods exactly. I was following your PDF tutorial and wrote in your steps pretty much exactly. I just named the layers differently. I don't know why they would look different. Either method works, I just included your method because RobA recommended it.

wisemoon
    This and all other posts, including image or document files created by me that are linked in a post, are copyright Megan L. Wiseman, in the current year. Permission to use granted under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License unless otherwise stated in the post.
    Please visit my blog - cartography, popular culture, and my art/design journal. Here are my finished maps!

Quote Originally Posted by wisemoon View Post
    Hey Arsheesh! No, I used your methods exactly. I was following your PDF tutorial and wrote in your steps pretty much exactly. I just named the layers differently. I don't know why they would look different. Either method works, I just included your method because RobA recommended it.

wisemoon
    Which version of the tutorial were you working with? I've recently uploaded a newer version. If you were following the older version then you would have run into the problem I mentioned. You see, there was a typo in it: I originally said to set the layer mode of all the Tree Color layers to "Soft Light" (or Overlay, I don't know which since I've since deleted the original tutorial from my files). However, I meant for the layer mode of the middle green color to be set to "Multiply". At any rate, I mention it only because this helps to hide some of the "bevel" of the forests and also makes them more lush looking.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh