Hello all. I've been here a couple of times seeking help with my world map. The world I am designing is Earth 50 million years in the future, and will be utilized in my fantasy setting (for gaming and possibly for setting my novels in).

I started with a Dymaxion map progression and outlined each continent/plate on a separate layer. This allowed me to rearrange the continents as tectonic projection projects (I couldn't just start with one of the projected maps because it was in a more standard projection model, which was causing the land at the edges of the map to be severely distorted).

The map's scale is 1 inch = 4146.76 miles, or 6673.57 km (the map is 6 inches tall). The points at the top and bottom of the map are the North and South poles, and you can see where the map was spread to flatten it. The marks on the sides note the arctic circles, the tropics, and the equator. The brown on the map notes mountain ranges, but not altitude (I'll later be adding layers for altitude, terrain, and climate).

Currently, I would like help with spicing up the coastlines, as well as ideas on how to camouflage what is obviously Africa's coastline on the Eastern portion of the continent.

Oh, and for the perceptive, I did switch the poles. There is research showing that this may have happened many times in our past, and I'm using it as one of the many events that helped reshape the world and remove almost all evidence and knowledge of previous cultures.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I also wanted to add a "great work" to all of you here. I've seen some beautiful maps here, and I hope I can achieve a percentage of what the CG's best have.