Love it, great idea for a thread. I have to agree with the scrap paper point as well. I did a lot of experimenting on scrap before I touched my Stonehart map.

I would also like to hear what brushes you like. I bought a cheap pack of brushes because I had none and the first time I attempted to use them the stupid hairs were coming out and getting stuck to my paper. Total waste imo. Let that be a lesson to ya...don't go for cheap brushes. I know why I like expensive pens over run of the mill ones and now I know why I must have excellent brushes. Interestingly I really like the brushes that have the water in the handle and you squeeze. I bought a Koi water colors 'pocket field sketch box' kit and it works great with my water color pencils. I just need a greater variety now.

I don't know anything about paint pigments so I'm interested to hear what you find. I did however pick up a box of Gouche Paints that I am itching to try out. Of course, now that I have my new tablet I'm trying to get used to that so not sure what I'm going to do next.