Thread: June 2012 Entry: Frozen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for replying. I'm using Photoshop cs4. I tried flatten + save, just save, copy visible to a new file. Those don't work. I've been saving at full res. 300. It is a very large file, though. Many layers, and I sized it down to 25% before I uploaded the wip.

I don't know much of the in-depth stuff that Ps can do, as I usually just stick with the brush tools and do things by hand. Maybe I'll try opening it with Gimp and saving there. Can always fall back to my by-hand strategy.

- Later -

I reopened the psd file in Ps and now it looks more like the jpeg. ??? I give up. I'll just do it by hand. At least I can wrap my head around that.

- Even Later -

I couldn't leave it alone. =} I don't like being flummoxed. I still can't get the psd-jpeg transfer to keep everything, but figured out that there is less of a difference if I switch the emboss style, etc, to an inner bevel, then create layers out of the style. Then flatten the image. Will still have to do a bit by hand, but that's better than most of it. =) I'll post another wip when I get further along. Maybe tonight.
    Last edited by Chashio; 06-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram