Okay, so after the computer crashed last night, and running two virus scanners and a disk defrag to fix it... Here's a, well, I'm not sure it's a wip. Experiment? Think bio-luminescent fish tank with stained glass. I kid, but that would be cool. I'm not sure I like it enough to continue. And maybe it's not extreme enough for this comp. =\

My thoughts were sort of running in the direction of a fancy light box with a satellite image overlaid to show the luminescent ocean and track the spread of these mysterious dark areas in the south. This world has a very high axial-tilt, so winters are quite dark and long. Aside from stars and nearby planets, the oceans provide the light, and heat. Hydro-thermal vents along the Mid Lumin Ridge warm things up enough to keep the coastal areas in fodder. And the Summer current flows northward as well. At the moment, this map is actually depicting springtime, when the ice sheet leaks its glacial melt-waters into the ocean, obscuring the definition of the shallower depths in the north. Land vegetation is gaining ground as the planet slowly tilts back toward the sun.

I'm directionally challenged. =\

### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Extreme challenge wip 8 web experiment.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	45692