Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Map WIP - Comments?

Here is the base land for the 2nd go-round.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karrakys WIP R2 v1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	422.6 KB 
ID:	46296

Here is the next stage. How are the elevation, hill and mountains looking on the large continent? Thanks!

Name:	Karrakys WIP R2 v2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	46306

Ok. I could use some input at this stage. I've done a lot of land topography detail, coloring and shading and I'd like to get others' opinions on how its looking. I've stared at it so long its hard for me to tell anymore. Thanks in advance.

Name:	Karrakys WIP R2 v3.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	46321

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

To me, the hills and mountains all look fine. You've got some wonkiness with lakes outletting into rivers to nowhere. Rivers go to the sea. They don't stop halfway there. Otherwise it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    To me, the hills and mountains all look fine. You've got some wonkiness with lakes outletting into rivers to nowhere. Rivers go to the sea. They don't stop halfway there. Otherwise it looks good.
    Most of what I think you are referring to are meant to be (at this scale) only major rivers outletting into the small seas/lakes from elevation. Can you give a specific example?

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Khaalis View Post
    Most of what I think you are referring to are meant to be (at this scale) only major rivers outletting into the small seas/lakes from elevation. Can you give a specific example?
    I interpreted all of those as going from the mountains to the inland seas.

Hey all. I've been working away on the 2nd version of the map and would like to run it by people for their opinion on how it's coming out. Anything catch the eye as disconcerting or that needs to be changed? I've been adding smaller bodies of water names, but know that I can't really fit all of the detail that will need to go in once regional maps are done. How is looking so far? I appreciate the comments.

Name:	Karrakys WIP R2 v4.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	46461

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WOW... It looks great. I especially like the colors. Repped !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Turned out very nicely. Keep on.

Ok, thank you for the comments so far. Now I really could use some critical opinions and thoughts. How does this look with empire borders and name plates? Again, I've stared at it so long I've lost objectivity. Any help/comments/opinions would be appreciated.

Name:	Karrakys WIP R2 v5.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	46506

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast