Hey, thanks very much for all the replies, folks!
I'll do my best to answer the questions thoroughly...

$100 is just an amount I've seen on a few threads, when I was going through the Mapmaking Requests forum. I'm more than happy to discuss the actual commission fee with whoever would be interested in helping me with this.

I am completely uneducated in the field of mapmaking, so I can only guess what can be done and what cannot be done with a map of such scale. I know for sure that I would like to have elevation shown on it, both above and beyond sea level. Ocean currents or biomes I would definitely not need.
Major settlements, on the other hand, I would require - so I imagine city icons (two or perhaps three types - if possible) and labels with city names appear on the map in one form or the other. Island names and ocean names would surely find their way onto the map, too.

I also imagine we'd need meridians and parallels on the map as well as some form of scale indication.

Following the guidelines listed in the readme post of this forum (many thanks for the link!), I should say that as far as copyrights are concerned, I will hopefully one day attempt to publish a novel(s) or an RPG book(s) containing this map - and when/if this happens, I'll be more than happy to credit the Cartographer who created it. Chances are, however, that the map will only be used in my small (less than a dozen) RPGaming circle of friends, for non-commercial purposes.

As for the quality, I'd like to be able to print this map in A1 format.
And as for style... I think I've found something that shows what I have in mind in terms of land mass / mountain range / bodies of water presentation. http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...6&d=1332772878 However, please bear in mind this is only a suggestion. I imagine (almost) any kind of map would look convincingly futuristic if the font used in it or other graphical elements had a hi-tech, sci-fi feel.

Many thanks for your attention and time, folks!
Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Pawel