Hello Guild,

I've know about this site for ages and was even registered once, but somehow that account did not survive, which isn't a loss, since I never read or posted anything. I'll endeavour to be more active this time.

I'm a computer guy that loves coffee, art and plays rpg. I guess maps just come along on those lines, but I really like them, always have. Maps can take you to places and tell you stories, while also being an accurate field of work, even science and art. My standard souvenier from the countries and cities I visit are maps of the places. For fun or our rpg sessions I've been doing maps every now and then, but never on the (truely amazing) level that some people here display. But since I also love art and dabble in various fields, I might as well add cartography to that. So, I'm here to learn some (new) tricks and hope for active exchanges. Looking forward to it .

Oh yeah, it might also happen that I will never finish a map. Simply because I don't seem to be able to just draw down a map and call it a day. The scientist (aka. the pedant) in me has to make it "realistic". So I can't just put a farm on a medival/fantasy map, noooo, that would be too easy. I have to read about farmland sizes, how the water systems need to work, what kind of crop would fit into the region and so forth. I hate making maps!