The muted colors look much better. Personally, I am not a big fan of the purple water color.... Also the new green stuff in the Sulfursee is not consistent. My first thought on a the thumbnail was "hey, he replaced the lake with a forest", but then I opened it an realized it was not and was not quite sure what it was. I would still expect the water to be mostly the same color as the rest of your water, but with perhaps a few "lite" embellishments to indicate that there is something different about that water. Perhaps a few squiggle lines to indicate like fumes, but not at 100% opacity... perhaps more like 30% or so... Your mountains have different styles... it looks like you put them onto separate layers and blurred one layer and not the other, so there is an inconsistent look. Compare the mountains in top right corner vs top middle vs bottom middle.... they all look like they should be the same source brushes, but they are different enough to be jarring. I would also suggest toning down the saturation of the forests near Shefiererwald. Also, whats with the checkerboard pattern in the bottom right with some low opacity mountains?

Also(and this is more minor, but it just happens to annoy me since it's "detail"), you have a number of places where the symbols are underneath the mountain shading. Examples: Moosberge there are two rivers partially obscured.. either move them a layer down or mask/erase the shadows there or better yet, redraw the rivers to avoid the shadows. Nie Toten Talen, there are trees under the shadows. etc....

Please don't take this large number of specific critiques the wrong way. You have the beginnings of a very nice map, but you have to come up with some consistency of style(unless of course the idea is that the map was made by different people over time)