Quote Originally Posted by CaspieBadKid View Post
thanks guys, i appreciate the help, basically i've just been trying to do things on my own so i remember them. i mean, of course i'm going to have to have help to figure out more complex things, but for now i'm just working on learning how to manage simple things without having to have everything spelled out for me so it'll be easier to do it from memory. idk, i'm kinda independent that way. and stubborn :/ but i appreciate the comments.
Best advice I can give to pretty much any mapmaker: learn to use and love both layers and layer masks. There are very, very, very, very, very few times when an eraser should ever come into play as your building a map(IMHO.. but then again, I am a layer mask snob), especially on a layer with some type of texture(not that you have that specific issue here, but just a general note to all.). I lover layer masks so much that I created a short (crappy) tutorial for them(link in sig.) On a side note, most of the tutorials on here will use layer masks, so the sooner to become comfortable with them, the easier most of the tutorials will be.