Hello mappers!

I've loved maps since I was small - who didn't? - and yesterday I was going through some of my old notebooks. For days up till then I'd been turning over the idea of trying to create a new fantasy world for a story or two, and finding some rather charmingly infantile fantasy world maps in my notebooks made me remember how much I loved it. I have also been finding all sorts of old maps of southern England over the last couple of weeks, just because old maps look cool; and for a few years I have loved making maps for Total War game modifications. Anyway, all this combined prompted me yesterday to start on a new world.

I'm not telling you anything about it yet. I will say that there is a huge empire, and a little independent island of its northwestern edge. (I am so original...) I have got a drawn outline, but I have a lot of refining I want to do before I publish, and I'm actually fairly busy at the moment.

Anyway yesterday a friend linked me this site - I think he'd just come across it on google search - so I came over, loved the look of it, had a poke around, got stunned by some of the fantastic work that people do here... and so, I decided to sign up and here I am.

Looking forward to sharing ideas with you!

- Domnic.