Thread: Help with mountains, rivers and forests

Help Help with mountains, rivers and forests

Introduction

I have designed a map using GIMP following a tutorial, for my Kingdom which I use in a world building collaboration game. However, I am unable to get my head around mountains, rivers and forests. I am happy with the initial map I have created and am now looking for a kind pro to add the mountains/rivers/forests.

Commission: Unpaid, sadly I have very little money and therefore cannot offer any commission for this project, however I can offer my eternal gratitude and I'll even name an important city on my map after you!

What I need:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updated.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	45909
    This is the map I have created and require edited. The actual map size is 3000x2598.

Name:	request.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	45912
    This is an image showing what I need. The green shows where I would like the mountains and there is one river in blue which I would like on the map. I would also like a few more rivers, but these can be placed where ever, as with the forests.

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	45913
    This is an example of the sort of result I am hoping for the mountains and rivers.

Time Constraints:
    N/A

Copyright:
    I am not looking to publish, reproduce or have any copyright, the maps sole use is for the game I am a member of.

Contact Details:

Please private message me if you are able to help me.

Thankyou,

Holdenburg

For the mountains at least, you could try just copy-pasting an example, then rotating and cloning... I find it works surprisingly well for small things, although I haven't tried doing on a large scale where any kind of detail is required.

You'd need to do forests, etc.

Name:	updated_rev.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	45923

Just wow, thank you so much, it's just perfect!!