Thread: My First World (wonderfully creative title, i know)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting concept. I'm looking forward to how it develops.

Okay everyone,

sorry about not posting for so long, but i have run into some problems in making my map in CC3, and can't seem to get past them. i would try using GIMP or something else, but right now i only have access to two computers - the first is a very old desktop that has 512 mb of RAM, the other is a laptop with 2 gb of RAM, but doesn't stay on for more than 20 minutes at a time, before shutting down. however, i should be getting a new laptop within the next week. so i should have something to show for soon.

@TheKid
    I am fairly new to D&D - i've only been playing for a little more than a year. from what i've heard, people either hate 4e or love it. i've also heard that 4e is easier for those who are new to D&D, but it scaled back a lot of customization from 3.5. personally, i stuck with 4e because if i decided to go back to 3.5 i would've had to buy the core rulebooks again - and we all know how expensive those can get. also, when i started playing, i started as the DM for a group comprised completely of people who had had little to no experience playing D&D. so those are my reasons for going with 4e.

i digress.

anyways, as i've been thinking about my world due to my inability to map it at this time, i've thought about airships, and the cities. one of the cities/locations is called The Vault.
    here's what i have on it so far. It is built halfway up the most foreboding spire of unforgiving rock in the southernmost edge of the northernmost landmass (i will place cities on my map when i post it later this week). it is a bank the size of a small city, with a guard force the size of a small army. this is the kind of bank where the wealthiest people in Kulros keep their vast fortunes. it's only entrance is a near impregnable fortress that is accessible only by airship, and the airship dock is indoors. the local pirates/orcs/raiders have only tried to attack it once - and they were sorely beaten. i want this place to be like an underground labyrinth of tunnels and shafts. and that is where i need help - designing this three dimensional nightmarish maze of a bank. i'll start working on it on my own, but any and all suggestions are welcome. i will also be checking the other forums on this site for a tutorial i could use.

Vorn.