Thread: [Region 1][Map 30] - Wilderness and Ruin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

excellent stuff. my (unfinished) novel is set in a land shaped by an ancient impact, in my case hundreds of thousands of years ago but it left magical remnants as you describe which then play an important part in the story. I'll be interested to see which direction this takes you (and slightly freaked out if you come up with the same themes I did)

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    I'll be interested to see which direction this takes you (and slightly freaked out if you come up with the same themes I did)
    Thanks for the comment - I bet you didn't obliterate a race of dogs!

I think that there is ample room for creativity in this region. I love the fact that you've gone opposite the collective path and created a completely society-less area.

This might be my favorite area in the whole project. (Although, I gotta say, a growing kingdom in the heart of the plaguelands rebuilding the walls from the inside is a very close second!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Thanks for the comment - I bet you didn't obliterate a race of dogs!
    In all fairness, no I didn't. I think my aim must have been off or something...

Excellent.

That which you have wrought here gives me more ... well ... if you keep an eye on Shinon's Letters from Kouver Island, then this here might give some sense to some of the things being found there.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Post Always Hate to improve lower levels

Something was nagging me about the underlying physical layer.

Here, I've burned the river pattern to give it more distinction. I've played with the rock face to make it seem more barren and I'm still not happy with it.

I know the rivers are too dark but I'm hoping to make that work for me in other levels. I'm done mussing with it right now so I thought I'd drop you guys a pic.

502px instead of 1004.

Last edited by Sigurd; 05-01-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Looks good so far.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I think it looks very cool Sigurd. The blend between the mountains and the lowlands seems more realistic in this version, as does the basind containing the lakes. I really liked your mountain colour though in the earlier version. It seems a bit of a pity to have lost it.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Is there an image of this area floating around here somewhere? It needs to be uploaded to the wiki.