I like it a lot. Reminds me a little of the maps in the Hobbit and LoTR. Neatly done, without losing that beautiful hand-drawn look. The labeling is good too, very clear. The color is just different enough to see it well against the black lines, without contrasting too strongly. I'd love to see this just set over a nice parchment or book-page texture. The compass rose is really nice too, and fits in quite seamlessly.
There do seem to be a lot of mountains, but they're really nice looking. The island probably wouldn't sustain a farming or agricultural people, but would be excellent for a more viking/nomadic culture. Especially if the climate is particularly harsh.

- Kes

PS. : just a sudden idea, but what if the "harsh climate" was actually more like hot jungle, or amazonian? With a (literally) volcanic past? If there are a couple of dormant (but even somewhat marginally active) volcanoes left, that would be a really "harsh" environment, and the hot climate could be just as hard to handle as a cold one.

#EDIT: oh, and welcome to the guild! I can't wait to see more.